On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Adam Hardy wrote:

> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:34:49 +0200
> From: Adam Hardy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: login for half my action mappings, leaving other half unsecured
>
> In some of my action mappings I am providing XML output for anybody and
> it shouldn't be protected by any web.xml security-constraint, but for
> the rest, I need login security which I already have set up.
>
> What I have come up with after a slight false start is a plan to have
> all my secured requests go to /secure/*.do
>
> This way I can map the *.do to the action servlet, and I can map the
> security-constraint to the /secure/*
>
> The only doubt I have is that my action mappings in struts-config have a
> path that looks like path="/secure/dostuff" which I am not used to since
> I haven't used a pseudo-directory in my mapping path before. Is this OK,
> or am I barking up the wrong tree again?

No, you're doing it right, as long as you continue to map the Struts
controller servlet to the "*.do" pattern, and map your security
constraints to the "/secure/*" pattern.  The place where they overlap
(action paths within the "/secure" area) are exactly the ones that will be
protected by the constraint, while all other actions will continue to be
accessible to anyone.

> Thanks
> Adam

Craig