Hello,

I wondered why the validator framework has no functionality for handling the first page impression. I'm not sure - but I suspect that also other newbies would have this problem.

In other threads about this topic I found the solution of two actions - and I tend to say that this is the only correct way of solving this problem: If an action is like a state transition, and the JSP (or whatever) page is the state, then the state transition diagram has to look like this:

first impression validate() success
^ |
failure

Is this how it is working? Is an action a set of state transitions, including branches?

Jens