At 9:53 -0700 7/17/03, C F wrote:
Hello,
For anyone here who's had experience using the "Struts
Workflow" extension
(http://www.livinglogic.de/Struts/index.html)..... can
you tell me what struts functionality you're missing
out on if you use this extension.  My first impression
was that it was just an extension and wouldn't affect
struts too much.  However, I notice that they just
added "Tiles Support" in version 1.02.  This indicates
to me that they must explicitly support certain kinds
of Struts features.... which then raises concerns that
it may not support all Struts functionality or that it
could introduce new bug or support issues.
Any info much appreciated.  Thanks!

The addition of "Tiles Support" has to do with the fact that both the Living Logic workflow extension and Tiles work by using a custom subclass of org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor. Because of Java's single inheritance and the way the class is designed, the workflow RequestProcessor had to be changed to extend the TilesRequestProcessor if one wanted to use both services at once.

This contributed to a lengthy discussion on struts-dev a few weeks back on how the RequestProcessor might be changed, but it hasn't led to any code -- probably in part because Craig is rumored to be cooking something up that might radically restructure the request processing chain.

I haven't started using the Workflow processor yet, but I liked what I saw in the documentation, and I doubt that it obscures any other Struts functionality.

Joe

Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time." --Jaron Lanier