From: Joe Zendle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 10:36 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Complex form data

I see. Very subtle (at least to me!)

Since the form is defined as request scope, upon submission, a brand new
form is instantiated with a default nested Collection of 0 size (via my
c'tor). As struts attempts to populate the vector it will call
getIndexedProperty(int size) which will add a new bean to the Collection
and promptly return it for population. This process continues until a
copy of the entire rendered page is complete. Makes sense now. Thanks!

Should this be added to the 'Indexed Property' page in the struts
documentation? The examples there are all for fixed sized data
structures and don't address this frustrating nuance.

Joe