I'm currently developing a prototype using struts tiles for my layout definition. I want to have a dynamic html tree (i.e. http://raibledesigns.com/struts-menu/dhtmlExpandable.jsp) on the left hand side, this menu will control the body content.

I'm trying to avoid using frames and javascript as i really like the clean development process i get from using tiles. My problem however is when i navigate down the tree and select a node (i.e. request a new view) my tree resort back to it initial state i.e. root node visible only.

I could use a frameset and refresh only the main content area but this means using javascript and possibly not using tiles... am i correct in assuming this or is there an alternative solution???

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.