From: Adam Hardy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: Radio active? :-)

you need someething like this

<nested:iterate property="ops" id="opIterate" indexId="iterateId">

<bean:define name="opIterate" id="currentOp"
               type="foo.bar.operation.OperationValueBean" scope="page"/>

<nested:radio property="guyName" value="<%=myBean.guyName(); %>" />

where the bean define allows the radio button to access the current bean of the iterate loop, and then you can call the name function.

hth
Adam

ScottC wrote:

I'm having trouble figuring out the nested:radio tag and getting the values set. I have bean that nests a list of three other beans (a Schedule bean that holds three date beans). Each date has three guys (each with a radio button next to them), so I have an array that is 3x3. How do I get the "value" out of the bean to put in the value part of the radio tag? For example (where [] is the radio button):

7/21/2003 []Jack []Bob   []Phil
7/22/2003 []Jim   []Larry []Harry
7/23/2003 []Paul  []Ken  []John

The nested:radio tag syntax <nested:radio property="guyName" value="?" /> and I don't understand how to pull the guys name out of the bean and get it in the value parameter. When the form is submitted, I then have to know which guy was selected. A working code snippet of something you've done like this would be great.

Thanks!
Scott