Sorry! I did misunderstand you. DIdn't read the message. It works like that now. Thanks!

Canning, Chuck wrote:
You are getting the null value because the error message expects the
maxLength arg to be arg1 not arg2. Your file should read

<field property="title"
         depends="required,minlength,maxlength">
         <arg0   key="sections.validate.title"/>
         <arg1   key="${var:minlength}" name="minlength"
           resource="false"/>
         <arg1   key="${var:maxlength}" name="maxlength"
          resource="false"/>
         <var>
           <var-name>maxlength</var-name>
           <var-value>16</var-value>