I asked before without reply, I'am trying again...

I known html:text of any other form related html:*
tag can "get" values from a Map within an ActionForm:

public class MyActionForm extends ActionForm {
    HashMap myMap = new HashMap();
    public Map getMyMap() { return myMap; }
}

But it does not work the other way, putting the
value back when the form is posted!

Is this a bug in org.apache.commons.beanutils.*,
a missing feature or have I got it wrong?

Or, do I have to add a set-method to the ActionForm
for every Map...

public void setMyMap (String key, Object value) {
    myMap.put(key, value);
}