I have created several sites that use the "mapping.findForward("BLA") method to
forward (or redirect) to a relative URL.  This has always been statically specified in
my struts-config.xml like this:

<forward name="success" path="/main_layout.jsp" redirect="true"/>

then in code I do:

mapping.findForward("BLA");   //(simple stuff)

Now I have a need to forward to a URL that will have dynamic parameters like this:

/main_layout.jsp?param1=value&param2=value$param3=value

Not sure how to pull this off.  Obviously I can't use a statically defined forward
definition.  I guess I could put the params in the request, which works fine if I
forward, but what if I redirect.  I would have to put them in the session.  Not clean
coding in my opinion.  I would rather specify as querystring params.

Anyone done this?

I am using Struts v1.02

Jim Kennedy
IT Consultant