Thanks,

Yes, there are 8 implicit varibales available in
scriptlets. I also have a dilemma about this: I have
to create a empty box when user is directed to this
page. So, I use request.setAttribute("employees",
employees) in action class to init a empty box. If I
do
this again in my scriptlet, when <html:options> tag
look in page/request/session/application scope
for the named collection, will that cause conflicts?
Is there any easier way to init an empty box?

       labelProperty="name"/>

regards,