> yes, that's a good question. i guess the same way struts passes all the
> correct selections to the Form object on submission ;)

By magic. ;)  But in this case, who knows what order the request parameters
came in, who knows what order they are stored in the String[], so it's
fairly impossible to correctly pre-select the values.

(Actually most browsers seem to submit request parameters in the same order
they appear on the form, but I wouldn't want to rely on that.)

> while we are on the subject, could you please refer me some further
readings
> on Indexed Properties and how it could help me in this case?

I've never used them, (and I'm not totally sure they'll solve this problem,)
so Google to the rescue...

http://www.google.com/search?q=struts+indexed+properties

--
Wendy Smoak