I think you need to used nested iterate to get the desired result.Since you
are storing objects in the Collection,each value that is returned by
labelProperty is just object.toString();

-----Original Message-----
From: Bard A. Evjen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 6:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How can I get a value and a name that is different on a
html:options collection?

I have a Form class:

public Collection getMyMonthList() {
  myMonthList = new Vector();
  Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();
  cal.setTime(new Date(01012003));
  for (int i = 1; i < 13; i++) {
    String label = monthListFormat.format(zeroTime(cal.getTime(),
Calendar.MONTH, i));
    LabelValueBean labelBean = new LabelValueBean("i", label);
    myMonthList.add(labelBean);
  }
  return myMonthList;
}

and a jsp-file with:

But this returns

LabelValueBean[i,February]
LabelValueBean[i,March]
LabelValueBean[i,April]
LabelValueBean[i,May]
LabelValueBean[i,June]
LabelValueBean[i,July]
LabelValueBean[i,August]
LabelValueBean[i,September]
LabelValueBean[i,October]
LabelValueBean[i,November]
LabelValueBean[i,Desember]
LabelValueBean[i,January]

I want to display the name (eg. january) and the value in the option tag
(eg. 1).

What have I done wrong?

Cheers,
Bard A.