On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Bailey, Shane C. wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:42:58 -0400
> From: "Bailey, Shane C." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: How does Tiles effect filters and URL mapping?
>

> I am wondering if I have a filter set up and I map *.jsp for it to do
> something will using Tiles cause the mapping not to do that something with
> my JSP pages?  I mean, once my JSPs are all combined into a page is that
> page no longer a JSP (as far as the filter is concerned)?

Filters are based on the incoming request URL, and have no idea what
technologies you actually use to compose the response.  However, filters
are *not* applied when a RequestDispatcher.forward() is done (although
you'll have this option in Servlet 2.4), so in a Struts based app you
would need to map your filter on the incoming Action's URL, not the page's
URL.

Craig