Most likely the web browser isn't sending the value of the disabled drop
down.  Try enabling it via javascript before posting the data to the
servlet.

-----Original Message-----
From: Swaroop George [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 10:00 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Problem with nested:select

Hi all,
 I have a problem with nested:select.
I have a drop down which is always disabled. Now based on the value of
some other dropdown I am marking one of the options of this dropdown as
selected. I am using Javascript for this. Now my problem is that once
the form gets submitted the bean(which is supposed to hold the selected
value of the disabled drop down) doesnot retain the value assigned.

However this problem is not occurring when I enable the drop down. The
bean is retaining the value of the drop down, so that when the page gets
refreshed or reloaded I have the value displayed.(I am putting the bean
in session scope.)

Thanks in advance
Swaroop

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart
Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited.
Unauthorized use of information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal
prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete
this message immediately.