Greetings all...

I'm trying to load and read a text file (on the server's filesystem)
from within a Struts application. I'd like to be able to put the file in
the WEB-INF, or the WEB-INF/classes directory, but am having trouble
finding the file (i.e. I'm having trouble obtaining the path that I need
in order to open the file), and reading it...

Here's what my research has turned up:

// Something like this will return an InputStream. This is fine for
properties files
// since you can load a properties file by passing an InputStream to the
load method
// on a Properties object
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("my.p
roperties");

The problem with this is that the methods that I'm using to read the
contents of files takes either a string that represents the file name,
or a File object... The methods then calculate the file's length, read
the file into an array of bytes, and return the contents of the array in
various forms (i.e. An array of bytes, a string, etc.).

Does anyone have any suggestions about how best to go about doing this
(I could change the methods that read the contents of files into
strings, but I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing this).

Cheers...

Dave