Hi,

I've been using Struts now for some time and enjoy it immensely! However, I've recently run into a problem that has me perplexed. Usually I can figure these things out and not bother the mail lists but this one requires your help ;-)

I've pulled some info from the "Programming Jakarta Struts" book by Chuck Cavaness on how to use a Struts action in the welcome file list of a web.xml file.

Based on the instructions in the book I have the following welcome file entry in my web.xml:

<welcome-file-list>
         <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
 </welcome-file-list>

and the following code in my index.jsp:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>

    <logic:forward name="HOME"/>

and the following entry in my struts-config.xml file:

<global-forwards> <forward name="HOME" path="PMTAction.do" redirect="false" /></global-forwards>

So, when I first fire up Tomcat everything forwards fine but after a while, if I hit the following URL:

http://localhost:8080/pmt/index.jsp

I get a blank page. No forwarding. Nothing. I've tried every combo possible here, including using <logic:redirect/> but eventually it stops forwarding.

Am I doing something subtly wrong or drastically wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Jon