That's not what the ActionForm.reset() method is for.
It's called prior to population of your ActionForm
from the request, to set values for things which may
not be in the request [but should be], like unchecked
checkboxes.

What you need is some ActionForm.setEmpty() method to
call before forwarding to whatever code renders your
HTML.