Is anyone out there working with dynamic HTML trees at the moment (i.e. displaying data loaded from a data base) as i'm pulling my hair out here at the moment.

I downloaded the source for Struts Menu and implemented a change to allow me to place a java bean with my tree menu details into HttpSession rather than loading it from the menu xml file. Every thing works fine until i tried to add triple nested node to the tree and it totally screws up presentation i.e. The node image is repeatedly displayed. Its not due to my changes as i tested it in the latest stable version and it fails also to render with the same results.

I've also taken a look into using http://www.kobrix.com/ offering but their configuration requirements to integrate with struts seems abit too much for my liking.

Any suggestions, or should i just go find the JavaScript i require elsewhere and wrap it with my own custom tag library....

From: "Pat Quinn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Dynamic Html Tree Menus - Java Beans.
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:22:51 +0100

I'm looking for a tag library to aid the rendering of a Tree Menu using session/request stored objects.
I want to included the menu data as a Java Bean in HttpSession for each user and then use tag libs in my JSP's. I've looked into the StrutsMenu Offering for Dynamic Menus but it loads menu data from an XML file.

Any ideas or am i better off to develop my own custom tag lib?