try adding the port # and a database name.

<set-property property="url" value="jdbc:sybase:Tds:LNT_MAST:4100/testdb"/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Chirag Mehta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 1:40 PM
To: struts-user
Subject: Logical Server Name

Hello,

Can anyone help?

I am using a BasicDataSource config in my config.xml file to reference a
sybase database. Using a logical server name, the code gives me a
IOException.

in my config.xml:
<set-property property="url" value="jdbc:sybase:Tds:LNT_MAST"/>
exception::
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.sql.SQLException: JZ003: Incorrect
URL format. URL: LNT_MAST

But if I use the physical server name I have no problems setting up the
DB Connection. (Well I haven't got any exceptions so far)

Has anyone got any idea of any code I may have to change for my app to
resolve from the logical server name? (The logical server name resolves
from a interface file which is on my network server)

Thanks a million

Chirag
--
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender
does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.