Currently the app Im working on is using an xhtml front end (with struts of
course) but Ive been asked to look at XForms with an eye to migrating to it
in the future (and probably throwing in a migration to JSF while Im there).

Currently the XForms spec is only a candidate release with afaik very little
browser support, though I gather there are a number of plugins that
implement an XForms processor.

I'm in the process of reading through whats on the w3c site about it but am
still pretty clueless as to what it really implies in terms of what we would
do different to now. While I understand what I am reading I dont truly grok
it yet.

Anyone else been looking into this and can share some pointers on what I
need to think about?

Is XForms really going to be the next stage in the evolution of forms on the
browser or is it just some hyped up hot air thats really a wild goose chase?