That is what I figured.

Thanks for your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Shneyderman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 8:01 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: DynaValidatorForm question

I think the easiest way is to actually set validate to false on your
action and do it manually first thing in your execute:

// check for null values if there are just display the page otherwise

ActionErrors errors = yourForm.validate (...);
If (!errors.isEmpty ()) { return input mapping }

// everything is ok

The
> LoginAction is being instatiated and the validator trys to validate
> parameters that the user never had a chance to enter.

This