When you "come back" to the page, you are probably not going through an action-mapping that instantiates the bean with the accountNo property, which is probably set to request scope.

Once the page is rendered and waiting for input, the JSP engine and Struts are out of the picture. It's just a plain HTML page sitting in your browser's cache. So, the error would be coming form whatever mapping or page to which the link points.

The term "org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN" indicates that the error is coming from within a html:form tag. This would imply that the page to which the link points contains a form. The target of that form would be another ActionMapping, and that mapping is the one that needs to specify an ActionForm with an accountNo property.

mapping2 is the one that needs to name an ActionForm with an accountNo property.

-Ted.

Samanth Athrey wrote:
Hello All,

This is a real strange exception am getting. I have a main page which has 6
links. First time I can select any of the link and the page is rendered.
Once I come back the main page and select any other link, I get the
following message:

===
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property accountNo of
bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN
====

"accountNo" attribute is declared and even the methods are present.

When I close and open a new instance of Explorer, I dont get this message,
but this repeats for other pages!! Please could anybody help me?

Thanx in advance.

Regards,
Samanth

Ted Husted,