From: John Boyes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: August 7, 2003 3:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Service Locator pattern useful if not using EJBs?

I'm currently deciding on which design patterns to use for a Struts-based web
application.

Definitely going to use a Business Delegate to ensure a proper separation of the
business and
presentation tiers.

Is it good practice to use a Service Locator to look up services for the
Business Delegate?

I can see the benefits of using a Service Locator when using EJBS, however I'm
not going to use
EJBs. Are there any other pertinent benefits in using a Service Locator, or is
it an unneccessary
extra level of complexity in a non-EJB implementation?

Any replies much appreciated,

John