I have several layouts, defined as tiles (composed of tiles, pages,
controllers ...). Each action forwards to a tile.
In a base action, I check a user-setting about the layout to use and create a
new ActionForward to the tile.
This way I have only one logical forward entry for multiple layouts.
The tiles for the layout (for me - decoration) are separated from the tiles,
which are target of action (for me - logic).
So all "logic"-tiles are extensions to the layout and most of them overwrite
only the "body"-attribute.
With this structure I have to declare several tiles for one logic-step. One
for each possible layouts.

Q: Is it possible, to create tile-definitions on the fly (in memory) like I
already do with ActionForwards? - and if so, could anybody give me a hand on
how to do it?

Any comment is appreciated.

Reinhard