select tags or indeed any tag that acts on a collection uses the name property to locate the collection. If in your case you have a collection of values that you load once and share accross every session interacting with your app, load this at startup, say in a startup servlet init and place it into the application context.

servletConfig.getServletContext().setAttribute(name, value)

Curtney Jacobs wrote:

Greetings!

I would like to load default values in my forms upon application startup. Is this possible with STRUTS? Seriously, is this possible with STRUTS? If not, I will have to look some where else for this.

Many of my forms have drop down list that enables the user to choose the appropriate values. It would be nice that UPON APPLICATION STARTUP forms that need default values are automatically populated with said values.

I am aware that I can call an action that can prepopulate my forms with those values. However, it seems tedious to always call an action to populate a form with default values.

Has anyone done this before, if so, I would greatly appreciate some assistance.

This is like the upteen post concerning this. I find it hard that no one else needs this or has done this.

Regards,

Curtney