On 08/08/2003 02:11 Sridhar Kotagiri wrote:
Hi,
   I have a Action form which contains an arraylist the array list adds
beans which are called IpAddress(two String properties).I am able to
display in the jsp page but when I submit this form it is unable to
populate to the action form.

<b class="txtMedium" id="large"><bean:message
bundle="content" key="title.ipaddresses"/></b>
border="0">
<logic:iterate id="Element" name="editAdvancedForm"
property="alist">
/></td>
key="common.pointsto"/></b></td>
/></td> </tr> </logic:iterate> </table>

public class EditAdvancedForm extends ValidatorForm {
//~ Instance fields --------------------------------------------------------
private String domain_Id;
private ArrayList alist;
private IpAddress ip1;

public EditAdvancedForm(){
alist=new ArrayList();
ip1=new IpAddress();
}
public void setDomainName(String name)
{
ip1.setDomainName(name);
}
public String getDomainName()
{
return ip1.getDomainName();
}
public void setIpValue(String name)
{
ip1.setIpValue(name);
alist.add(new IpAddress(ip1.getDomainName(),ip1.getIpValue()));
}
public String getIpValue()
{
return ip1.getIpValue();
}

        /**
         * @return
         */
        public String getDomain_Id() {
                return domain_Id;
        }
        /**
         * @return
         */
        public IpAddress getIp1() {
                return ip1;
        }

        /**
         * @param address
         */
        public void setIp1(IpAddress address) {
                ip1 = address;
        }

        /**
         * @return
         */
        public ArrayList getAlist() {
                return alist;
        }

        /**
         * @param list
         */
        public void setAlist(ArrayList list) {
                alist = list;
        }

}

public class IpAddress {
        private String domainName;
        private String ipValue;
        private String flag;
        private String flag1;

        public IpAddress(String str1,String str2)
        {
                this.setDomainName(str1);
                this.setIpValue(str2);
        }
        public IpAddress(){
        }
        /**
         * @return
         */
        public String getDomainName() {
                return domainName;
        }

        /**
         * @return
         */
        public String getIpValue() {
                return ipValue;
        }

        /**
         * @param string
         */
        public void setDomainName(String string) {
                domainName = string;
        }

        /**
         * @param string
         */
        public void setIpValue(String string) {
                ipValue = string;
        }

}

Your form bean should have an indexed property (see the Struts docs) of type IpAddress. Say you call this ipAddress, then your logic;iterate tag shoudol have id="ipAddress" and your html:text tag should have name="ipAddress" indexed="true".

HTH

--
Paul Thomas