Could you point me to more information on this behavior?

I'm still confused as to why it will capitailze the "f" in "fax" to locate the getFax() method, but it will not capitalize the "l" in "lName" to locate the getLName() method.

Thanks!

David Graham wrote:

This is standard JavaBean behavior.  Regardless, I encourage you to use
lastName instead because lName is rather ugly and confusing.

David

--- Wes Rood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have an object as follows

public class Contact {
   private String lName;  // the contact's last name
   private String fax; // the contact's fax number
   public String getLName() {
       return lName;
   }

   public String getFax() {
       return fax;
   }
}

Then I use <nested:iterate> to go through a list of Contact objects and attempt to access the lName and the fax attributes. I observe the following behavior:

<nested:write property="fax" /> correctly displays the value of the "fax" attribute
while:
<nested:write property="Fax" /> causes org.apache.jasper.JasperException: No getter method for property contacts[0].Fax of bean ...

Apparently it is uppercasing the "f" in "fax" to call getFax(), but when

the "F" is already in caps, it doesn't see the attribute. This is fine,

but then I tried accessing the "lName" property:

<nested:write property="lName"/> causes org.apache.jasper.JasperException: No getter method for property contacts[0].lName of bean ...
while:
<nested:write property="LName" /> correctly displays the value of the "lName" attribute

I also rewrote the jsp logic using <logic:iterate> and <bean:write> and the same thing happened.

What is going on here? It appears that the "N" in the lName property is

affecting how the "L" is handled. Any ideas?