>   I am designing a store check-out process. The old software
> (pre-struts) had a check at the top of each page to make sure the
> information from the previous page had been entered. And if not,
> forwarded to that page. So if you bookmarked the last page and went
> there, you would get forwarded back page by page and still start on
> the first page.

I believe you might want to look at the Validator, and in particular
into the "page" attribute of the validator, as well as the
ValidatorActionForm/DynaValidatorActionForm classes.  With it, you can
assign a "page" number to fields field, and the Validator will check the
validity of those fields only when it is their turn.  (If your field is
page=2, the Validator will not check it on page 1, but will check it on
page 2, 3, and so on.)

I am not sure how that would interact with bookmarks, but, presumably,
if somebody had bookmarked a page, and then returned to the bookmark
without any of the needed variables (say, if the needed values were only
in the session, which had since expired), it would fail all the way back
to the beginning.  However, I have never implemented a multipage form,
so I cannot say that is exactly how it would work.Check the
documentation, as well as list archives (one such one at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user ) -- there have been a few
discussions on multipage forms.

-Greg Ludington