You're right. Every bit of text should come from a resource. It will make it easy later.

Bailey, Shane C. wrote:

Every paragraph must be in a message resource.

This is not the recommended way to do break out large amounts of text. Paragraph breaks, or even the number of paragraphs may not be the same in all languages. While it is certainly necessary to fill table cells from separate keys you generally should avoid breaking text up yourself. You should instead allow the translator to break the text appropriately for his or her locale.

Also be wary of situations like page titles and button text where the English value is same in two places. You should still have 2 keys. A good rule of thumb is to never reuse keys because context can change another language's conjugation in ways that you might not expect.

Also resource file management can become an issue. The last i18n application I worked on had 10,000+ Strings in 10+ languages. We maintained the keys and Strings in a database and generated the bundle files using a custom ant task as part of the build.

Regards, Evan.

--
Evan Schnell, Project Lead
nVISIA, Twin Cities "Enterprise Architecture and Construction"