José Fortunato H. Tomás wrote:

Hi!

Any one has an example or code using Validator for a form-bean where exists an input that is a group of checkboxes?

I need to use "required", and number of cheks checked, but until now I couldn't find any way to use validator correctly for this kind of situation.
In the current work, 99% of forms use Validator, except the ones that has groups of checkboxes. :(

Thanks!

Bug 21751 was fixed in July and and patch provided by Kurt Post
Allow intRange validation of select-one and radio fields.
In Kurt's words:
In some form combo boxes you might have the combo boxes populated with valid
choices plus one additional choice with a caption something like "Choose one"
and a value 0f "-1". Then when the user attempts to submit the form, you can
look for the value of "-1" and yell at them if they failed to pick something.

So Nightly Builds of Validator --will-- do this. I --believe-- the nightly builds of struts are performed with
the CVS HEAD versions of all commons packages so you should be taken care of.
I don't know where we would be without the thoughtful patches provided by our users.

-Rob

--
Robert Leland                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Java, J2EE, Struts, Web Application Development

804 N. Kenmore Street           +01-703-525-3580
Arlington VA 22201