following the hints of James Mitchell, I found some struts-samples at
sourceforge.net

I'm not sure, whether I got it right - is the module term in struts something
similar to a chroot-environment?
- Is that the reason, why <*img*> tags won't work in different modules?
I think it's the same with the message-resources.

- Is it possible, to do a transparent fallback for messages, tiles and/or
images, common to all modules ?

- how about global forwards? Do they get merged (and for so each entry has to
be unique respect to the application), or are they local information to that
module?

any help (comment or url) is appreciated.

Reinhard