hi all,

When I try to use the Oracle JDBC extension to take advantage of
the Oracle batch update feature, I got an
exception "org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement"
when I try to cast a PrepareStatement to OraclePreparedStatement.

Any idea why?

Here is the code snippet:

System.err.println("Update DB Action called....");

 ServletContext context = servlet.getServletContext();
    DataSource ds = (DataSource) context.getAttribute(Action.DATA_SOURCE_KEY);

try {
    Connection conn = ds.getConnection();

 String sql = "SELECT username FROM users";
 OraclePreparedStatement ps = (OraclePreparedStatement) conn.prepareStatement(sql);
  ResultSet rset = ps.executeQuery();

  while (rset.next ())
     System.out.println (rset.getString (1));

} catch ( Exception e ) {
  System.out.println( e.getMessage() );
}

Thanks for any help!