Just a question to start with... what exactly are you passing into the
isInstance method?
c.isInstance(org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction) doesn't work in my
compiler. =)

Why not just instantiate it and use instanceof?
if( Class.newInstance() instanceof org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction
)

David Hibbs
Staff Programmer / Analyst
American National Insurance Company