From: Hohlen, John C Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 10:10 AM
To: Struts-User (E-mail)
Subject: Will Pop-Up Window Share The Same Session?

I'm trying to launch a pop-up window for displaying read only data from my main application window. I'm currently having a problem getting the new pop-up window to display anything. It's just blank, so I'm unable to answer the subject question. Here is how I'm launching the new window using the Struts <html:rewrite> tag:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> <!--
window.open('<html-el:rewrite href="${requestScope['com.erac.edge.presentation.common.popUpWindowUrl']}"
name="com.erac.edge.presentation.common.popUpWindowQueryParams"/>',
'edgePopUpWindow', 'scrollbars, resizable, width=640, height=480');
//-->
</script>

The URL for where to go is currently stored in request scope under the key:

com.erac.edge.presentation.common.popUpWindowUrl

The value of the key contains an action mapping path defined in my Struts config which ultimately forwards to a JSP:

 <action      path="/popUpWindowTest"
              type="com.erac.edge.presentation.customer.pricingplan.PopUpTestAction">
      forward name="next"
              path="/jsp/common/Success.jsp">
 </action>

My action is definitely getting called, and it looks up the the mapping for "next", but I never reach my JSP.

In summary, my two questions are:
1) Will the session be shared by the new window?
2) Why am I seeing a blank screen instead of my JSP?

Thanks,

JOHN