I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but I have 2 different ideas you can choose from:

1) Subclass the Action class to do this for you, and have all of your Action classes extend from this new subclass.
2) Store this information in the session so you don't have to pass it back and forth with each request/response.

Matt

Met @ Uber wrote:

I have about 10 variables that I need assigned to every single
template. Most of them come from a database or XML file. Is there a
way to do this without hard coding them into each and every action? Like perhaps the class that deals with my action forward could gather
them? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

~ Matthew

-- Matthew Sgarlata Senior Consultant Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. Work: 703-377-0871 Fax: 703-902-3608