--- Mehran Zonouzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am very new to the validator framework. I would like to use it outside
> of Struts framework. Is it possible to do this?
> If so can someone point me in the right direction plz...

Commons Validator is usable outside of Struts but you'll have to do a bit
more work to replicate what Struts does for you.  Commons Validator
provides some basic functionality that lets you build pluggable
validations.  However, it doesn't provide any pluggable validations out of
the box.  Also, you'll need to handle resource bundles and messaging
yourself.  Commons Validator exposes message keys and bundle names but you
need to do the lookup to get the actual message text.

David