I had a similar problem and this is how I fixed it.

Define a new variable somedata in your parent form
because you want to tie this to one of the values from
your child

e.g OrderForm
      private String selected;
      private ArrayList orderList;

    OrderLine
      OID, price, ....

<c:set var="selectedOID"
value="${sessionScope.orderForm.selected}"
scope="page"/>
<c:forEach var="lines"
items="${sessionScope.orderForm.orderList}">
/>
<c:out value="${lines.name}" />

Hope this helps.
If you find a better way let me know.