I am a newbie to Struts.

When I try to use the Oracle JDBC extension to take advantage of the Oracle batch
update feature, I got an
exception "org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement"
It happens when I try to cast a PrepareStatement to OraclePreparedStatement. (It works
fine without the cast)

Any idea why?

Here is the code snippet:

ServletContext context = servlet.getServletContext();
DataSource ds = (DataSource) context.getAttribute(Action.DATA_SOURCE_KEY);

try {
Connection conn = ds.getConnection();

String sql = "SELECT username FROM users";
OraclePreparedStatement ps = (OraclePreparedStatement) conn.prepareStatement(sql);
ResultSet rset = ps.executeQuery();

} catch ( Exception e ) {
System.out.println( e.getMessage() );
}

struts_config.xml:

<data-sources>
  <data-source>
     <set-property property="driverClass" value="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"/>
    <set-property property="url"    value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostname:1522:db"/>
    <set-property property="maxCount" value="5"/>
    <set-property property="minCount" value="1"/>
    <set-property property="user" value="xxx"/>
    <set-property property="password" value="xxx"/>
  </data-source>
</data-sources>

Thanks for any help!