On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, deepaksawdekar wrote:

> Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:33:42 +0530
> From: deepaksawdekar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Performance of UI for Struts.
>
> Hi, Please excuse me for the question but I want to test the performance
> of my User interface developed using struts. Mainly I want to test how
> much time it takes to load the page if execute method of action class
> doesn't do any thing except forwarding the request.  Is there any tool
> to do this? Some pointer on the performance of UI using Struts will be
> added advantage.

I typically use JMeter (available from Apache) for this sort of thing.

One issue to keep in mind, though, is that page rendering speed for JSP
pages with lots of custom tags (typical for Struts-based apps) is *very*
dependent on the quality of the JSP page compiler in your container.

For Tomcat, for instance, the page compiler was rewritten completely in
the 4.1 release time frame (and the new compiler is inherited in 5.x), and
the performance improvements were enormous -- with zero changes to the
actual application.

> TIA
> Deepak

Craig