Nick,

If your Action extends org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.TilesAction
(which extends Action) you can override...

public ActionForward execute(ComponentContext context, ActionMapping
mapping, ActionForm form, HttpServletRequest request,HttpServletResponse
response)

The first parameter passed is the Tiles ComponentContext which includes
the attributes defined in the tiles-defs.xml.

You can also access the Tiles ComponentContext elsewhere in your app
using...

ComponentContext.getContext( request );

--Norm

--