Never tried this!

Depending what the existing servlet is doing - can you not just instantiate
the servlet and call the servlet's "doGet" method with the request and
response arguments passed to the action. You can put any arguments you need
(that would've been passed from the browser) into request scope before
calling the servlet?

Hue.

---