Thought I'd throw this out in the middle of the week again...

Kind of a conceptual question:  how do you format Dates, Numbers,
Currencies, etc. for *form fields* inside the JSP?

I know I could do in in the ActionForm getters, but:
    1.  I don't know the locate of the user at that point
    2.  I'd have to recompile the ActionForm every time I want to make a
change to the *view* - seems like a bad practice.

What I'm looking to achieve is something similar to <fmt:format> JSTL tag,
where you can specify a format mask, or even a format "style" defined
elsewhere.

Thanks,

-Sasha