Hi,
Can you throw some light on the Unix "cron". I have Weblogic running on
Unix. so, i guess i can use this solution.

thanks
-raj

                      "Hue Holleran"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "Struts Users Mailing List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      Action.net>                   cc:

                                                    Subject:  RE: [OT] Scheduling

                      01/09/2003 03:26 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users Mailing

                      List"

Well, possibly not an elegant answer but...

1) Under *nix we've done this with "cron" and a "bash script" that invokes
"wget" to launch a servlet process.
2) Under Windows we've used a VBS script via "at"/"winat"/"Scheduled Tasks"
and "Microsoft.XMLHTTPRequest" to initiate a HTTP connection to launch a
servlet process.

Both have been very reliable (in fact both are in very widespread use on
several servers) - and this is nice as it does not require any 3rd party
components.

If this is along the lines of what you're trying to do let me know and I
can
post some code. As regards Weblogic, there's possibly a more elegant
solution, but sorry don't use it - so don't know.

Hue.

---