Why don't you create a method that gets whatever data you need to populate
the form and call it from the DispatchAction methods that need it?

Shane

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 10:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Request variables and validation

I am having trouble with request variables and validation.  Before a
page is called, I prepopulate a combo box with values from a database.
When validation (dynaforms validate) finds errors on the form the bean
that prepopulated the combo box is not in the request scope anymore.

This was initially solved by placing the action that sets up the form as
the input to the action that was called next. But, this fails when I
move the setupAction to be part of the DispatchAction, which is involved
with PageOne and PageTwo of my form, because then the input to the
Action is the Action itself.  This results in constant calls to the same
Action and no page being displayed.

Is there a way to acheive this or do I have to move my setup to a
separate action?

Thanks
Ryan