It appears to me that the errors get displayed in the order
they are declared in the validation.xml file for each of the fields
in that particular form. So arrange your validation rules in
the same order as the fields are laid out on the form.

You're not wanting them to appear in the order that
the user entered them are you? Like if the user
entered a value for the 4th field down, then the first,
then the last field? I doubt a user would remember
or care what order they were in. If the error messages
are meaningful and in the order of the fields as they
are laid out on the form, that should be good enough, no?

-jeff