I have gotten two html:forms two work in a limited fashion with struts.
Note that your always visible form, doesn't have to be connected with a
struts action so the problems with actions wouldn't apply.  Also, the rules
for forms are different if you are using tiles since each tile has an action
and I believe tiles works with Velocity.

Edgar

Reference to how multiple forms may not work with Velocity:

Contrary reference that it might be possible to reference "multiple forms"
with $form in Velocity:

Probably unimportant details:

I'm using Struts 1.1, Tomcat 4.1.27, the Validator, and the
VelocityLayoutServlet from Velocity-tools-1.0.  I've got my layout broken
out into the generic standard:

layout
        header
        menu
        body
        footer

I've got a form that is generally visible in the menu section. I have
arbitrary forms that can appear in the body section, and these I plan
to pass by the action mapping.
I'm using org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm for all Form Beans.

Thanks!

-Mike