This did not work for me also. And looking at ActionServlet code, I am not
even sure if this is used anywhere. Also this is deprecated.

Also Navjot had suggested to set

org.apache.struts = FINE  in jre/lib/logging.properties.

This didn't work. But when I set

java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = FINE in jre/lib/logging.properties

I get all debug messages. But for this to work, make sure you are using 1.4
VM and don't have log4j in your classpath. Else you have to set the log4j
properties file for log levels.

Took some digging into Struts, commons-logging, JDK 1.4 logging source and
docs.

Thanks

-- pady
[EMAIL PROTECTED]