From: "White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Design Question - Need to put assertions in Actions?
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:53:49 -0400

 Say I have a form "formFoo" which manages some noun "Foo".  It has
two different actions, "newFoo" and "editFoo".  Each has specific logic
depending on whether or not Foo exists.  I am experiencing a problem where
users create Foo, but then (either by bookmark or the back button) users are
returning to the "newFoo" action and edit Foo using the "new" action instead
of the "edit" action.

What about to create a custom tag which, if the newfoo already exists,
simply redirect the user to the editfoo form? In any case, take in account
that the 'Back' button issue is a known problem among web applications, and
that users should be aware of it.

My 2 cents,

Marco