On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 02:32:01PM -0700, David Graham wrote:
} --- "Paananen, Tero" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
} > > +1 on the new option but I think the allowed characters should be
} > >
} > > a-zA-Z0-9_.-
} >
} > -999999999999999999999999999999999999999
} >
} > That's missing several perfectly valid characters
} > in Email addresses, like a space, +, single quote,
} > etc.
} >
} > The RFC defines the valid characters for a reason.
}
} This would be a new option for people who want to limit email addresses to
} more reasonable characters than the RFC defines.  It would not be enabled
} by default.

Even so, it should at least include +. I can't tell you how many times I've
been annoyed by stupid web forms that wouldn't tolerate the +extension
trick in an email address (see the email address I am using for this list).
I see no reason to make it easy to break such things.

} David
} >                             -TPP
--Greg