Hi, in my opinion, you should pay attention to this
part of your log file:

Unable to connect to any hosts due to exception.

and

java.net.BindExceptioncom.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:346

It says that the jdbc driver is not registered.
--- Rajat Pandit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hello,
> i am using mysql as a datasource in the
> app,everything
> is working fine but when make changes in the class
> files and reload the application the application
> ceazes to work and i got the followng messages in my
> log file. can some one help me figure out where am i
> going wrong. am a newbie.
> thanks in advance
> rajat
>
> --> SNIP <--
> [INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing,
> config='resources.application',
>  returnNull=true
> [INFO] GenericDataSource - -   createConnection()
> [ERROR] ActionServlet - -Initializing application
> data
> source org.apache.struts.action.DATA_SOURCE
> <java.sql.SQLException: Unable to connect to any
> hosts
> due to exception: java.net.BindException: Address in
> use: no further information>java.
> sql.SQLException: Unable to connect to any hosts due
> to exception: java.net.Bind
> Exception: Address in use: no further information
>         at

com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1622)
>         at

com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:491)
>         at

com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:346)
>         at

org.apache.struts.legacy.GenericDataSource.createConnection(GenericDataSource.java:805)
>         at

org.apache.struts.legacy.GenericDataSource.open(GenericDataSource.java:741)
>         at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModuleDataSources(ActionServlet.java:1085)
>         at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:472)
>         at

javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:934)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:821)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3420)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.reload(StandardContext.java:2567)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.servlets.ManagerServlet.reload(ManagerServlet.java:740)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.servlets.HTMLManagerServlet.reload(HTMLManagerServlet.java:325)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.servlets.HTMLManagerServlet.doGet(HTMLManagerServlet.java:143)
>         at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>         at

>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV